Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Game on

The trip is a go. I have 16 deposits- 14 women, 2 men. They all are excited - most have said they are looking forward to the volunteer work. I am glad. I expect three or four more. It will be a good sized group, manageable.

I am switching focus now- from the second phase of recruitment (the first phase is conceptualizing/planning), to the third phase of details. How will the students pay their remaining balances, drafting a contract, what will the students be doing exactly day to day. I have been in contact with the school, my amazing dean, Gloria Miranda.

I need to gather my course materials together. My goal is to produce a workbook of sorts with readings and material needed for 1C and for the volunteer projects. Something my students can write in and turn in to me.

This week we will finalize the contract. Figure out the payment option. Begin to shape the volunteer work.

I have also decided that we need to raise $500 for supplies. I will enlist the students, talk to the Foundation, maybe do some fundraising activities on campus- bake sale, car wash, the usual. Maybe we can do something different.

I have one more informational meeting. Then I will be squarely in phase three.


No comments:

Post a Comment