Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Friday, May 23, 2014

Travel Goals

 As with most things, rewarding travel needs realistic goals. What do I want to get out of this trip? What do I want to experience? How do I want to change? 
As leader of this group, my primary goal is to make sure everyone is safe and has the ability to reach his or her personal travel goals. 
As for my personal goals, I really want to embrace the "pura vida" lifestyle. I need to slow it down. I need to live in the moment. Of course, I need to surf more; last summer I didn't even go once, but this time, the schedule is more conducive. 

My ongoing life goal is to travel out of the country once every year. I think I'm doing ok.
2013-Costa Rica (study abroad)
2012-Guatemala (study abroad)
2011- Guatemala & Belize
2010-Costa Rica (study abroad)
2009-Costa Rica
2008-Vietnam and Cambodia
2007-Mexico
2006-Spain (study abroad)
2003- Spain (3 months study abroad), France, Italy, Greece, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ireland
2000-France
1999-Greece
1991- Australia (study abroad as a student)
1983-France

This list frustrates me as I see so many Spanish speaking countries, yet I still have the Spanish linguistic capabilities of a five year old. So another ongoing goal is to improve my Spanish.

Anyway, I am going to be updating this as much as I can. I am trying to improve my editing, so I'll try to write only on a laptop. But I am not promising anything.
So here it goes. Pura Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment