Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

In the Stretch

Yesterday we had the children draw pictures of what they liked best about the past two weeks. We collected them because I have hopes I will be able to display them at El Camino along with a description of what we've doing here. They're pretty funny especially the spellings of our names. In some I'm easily identified because most are stick figures but I'm usually the only round one. Gordito one kid said to me.
Yesterday was also Jon's bday. They gathered all of the students at the Spanish school and sang and clapped. Carlos also took us to a restaurant on a hill overlooking Antigua. It was nice. Around 5 the guys played soccer in the courtyard. The games are pretty competitive. After dinner we went out for a bit to celebrate Jon's bday. I think he enjoyed himself.
Today we toured an organic macadamia nut farm with our teachers and Milton. Now we are hiking to some waterfalls with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment