Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Typical Day

In case one wonders what my day is like. I wake around 6:30, usually the earliest and shower. I do ish or look over my homework, read email, write the blog until Mildred walks the hallway knocking on doors saying "Listo!" ( ready).
We eat breakfast family style. Pancakes, warm milk and rice, egg sandwiches. Always fruit, tea, and coffee. Conversation is usually limited in the mornings. Then I walk to school usually alone. I stop at a bakery for a small besito, a bun with ham And cheese for the break.
At school there is free tea and coffee so I usually have tea. The first hour of class is a conversation. Then we look over my homework. Next the days lesson. Then it is break from 10:00-10:30. I usuAlly stay around the school. After break it is more relaxed going over the lesson. The last half hour we play games in Spanish.
We take lunch from 12-2. Mine is served at 1:30. It consists of a protein chicken or steak. Rice or potatoes. And a vegetable. I have to eat quickly to be at the school at 2.
Our bus ride to the project is about ten minutes west up into the hills. When we arrive the children are waiting for us and run to the van looking for the students, mostly Claudia and Kaleigh. We teach for 45 minutes to an hour then it's playtime. We stop around for and it usually takes 15 minutes to say our good yes and get everyone into the van.
When we return we might have a tour of a local site. Either way we might get a beer and talk a out the day. Dinner is at 7:30. This is usually a boisterous affair but since we jokingly instituted a Spanish only rule with a 1q fine (a jar sits at the end of the table near Andreas, it's biggest donor) the conversations are limited until the girls leave the room. After dinner I usually do my terea, homework. After that a wine down at a local cafe. I try to be home by ten, check email and asleep by 11. Ready to start it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment