Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Final Week

If you want time to move rapidly, join me on one of these trips. It's hard to imagine two weeks have passed already. In the student house where I stay, i am there the longest, except for Paula, Mildred and Gladys who live there, the sage who knows how to fix the wifi. Crazy. It's amazing how quickly technology spreads because of tourism. I've written all of these posts using free wifi. A few years ago this wasn't possible.
My ECC students are feeling the strain of the pace we set for ourselves. I'm really proud of them. There have been a few hiccups ;) , but the group has really impressed me. I hope I don't jinx myself. The word has spread about what we're doing and now we usually have visitors join us in the afternoon. Tomorrow is the last day of teaching. At this point of the trip we are in two worlds. We are living in this world but our thoughts are beginning to meander into our other world. It is like that dream stage when you know you are dreaming but you also know you are about to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment