Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Monday, August 12, 2013

A good day?

Legal Disclaimer: Global Service Learners does not condone the use of vigilantism.  
When I arrived on campus I heard some good news- the police caught the people they thought were the ones who mugged my students. They even caught them with some of the loot. The students had to take a bus to Nicoya, an hour ride each way, to identify the suspects- behind a two way mirror I was assured. Briseida also thought she could get her stuff back. I hope she is able.
I spoke with Laura, the owner of the school. She told me the locals were upset that this happened and were talking about taking justice into their own hands. Apparently since this group has been in town, there has been trouble. She and I both agreed this probably wasn't right, but it sure felt good that others were upset as we were. Briseida and Alex have great attitudes. I hope all went well. They are getting an interesting education in third world police work.

No comments:

Post a Comment