Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cast of Characters II

I'll try to describe some of the "locals".
Laura is the founder and owner of Intercultura. I'm really impressed with her vision and her commitment to helping the community. She and a partner started the original school in Heredia which is just outside San Jose, the sprawling capital city and branched out here. She now runs the Samara school, and the partner runs the Heredia campus.
Lindsay is from Tennessee but grew up in NYC.She is in charge of groups. She is also a really good singer and plays weddings and bars on the weekends. She worked at CREAR when I was here last.
Andrea also worked with Lindsay and still works at CREAR. Orignally from Texas she's been here for six years. I enjoy working with her.
Johanna is Andrea's new partner. Originally from Wisconsin. She filled in for me on last weekend's excursion. Good sense of humor.
Estefania- was the receptionist at Intercultura when I was here last, now she has her own office. She is studying law. When I told her that the next time I come here I won't be surprised if she is running the entire school, she blushed. She's been helpful with dealing with the police. She's a true Samarian (2nd generation or more?) and her family owns a well respected restaurant in town.
Augustine- handyman. Also rents out horses.
Ulysis-another handyman. He also participates in the dance classes. I am not sure if this is part of his job or not.
Choco- is the local surf instructor. He's a hard working guy. Married to an American. I see him as the town's unofficial mayor as he knows everyone. When the students were robbed, I wanted him to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment