Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Friday, August 16, 2013

Buena vista

We're up in the north west corner of CR near a national park called rincon de la Viaja "corner of the old lady". The myth is the son and daughter of warring families fell in love. So one family kidnapped the son of the other and threw him in the volcano. So the girl moved near the volcano to be with him. She also threw their child in the volcano so he could be with his father. 
We're all waiting for dinner. It's to be served at 6:30. 45 minutes from now.  
The bar opened @6. Hour late. Tico time. I'm watching the weather move through. Facing west a swatch of pink where the is setting. Thunder peals behind me an an occasional flash but the storm is past. In front of me rolling hills green and dark green. To the right a mountain. Low fog like dust balls settles into some of the valleys. To my left in the distance is civilization. Twinkling lights. The light is fading. My favorite time of day. My favorite word. The gloaming. Every minute the scenery changes. 
Who needs tv when you have this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment