Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Monday, June 1, 2015

Dia Uno


Sunday may 31

Our travel went well. Better than expected. I even got to sleep. I'm very aware this trip that many have never traveled internationally let alone even flown. There are many things I take for granted so I found myself explaining things that are already second nature: checking in, filling out forms, etc. 

One strange occurrence was running into Stephanie from last years program at the airport. Small world. 

I sat next to two doctors. I only know the s because the captain asked for medical personnel and they, the couple got up right away. 

I used the time to use the restroom and make sure it wasn't one of my charges. It wasn't, but it was a very pale college age kid. I'm not sure what happened, the two were tight lipped about it, but it opened the door to talk. They were pediatricians at USC. On holiday. 
Everything went smoothly. Customs. The bus ride. Gilbert was our driver. He had driven us two years ago. His English is as bad as my Spanish. But we manage to communicate. 
The tricky part is always getting the kids to the right home stay. It takes an hour because  there are no addresses. Only vague directions like 100 meters west of the church.

Once they were settled in I went to my apartment. I am staying at a new place this year to save some money and to switch it up. My first impressions weren't that good...

No comments:

Post a Comment