Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Friday, June 12, 2015

TW2

Again the hammock as an intermediary.  What a brilliant relaxing way to start the day. Went to the beach first thing. The sea a cobalt blue. Cumulus clouds at the horizon. Montanas. 

Breakfast of a pancake with bananas and a strawberry and bad maple syrup.  A swim after. Then a book and a hammock. 

My trusty rasta whip (aka bike ) needed a quick adjustment.  How I fill the day. Lunch at Gusto where the volleyball tourney is wrapping up but they were on break so I only caught a bit. Then back to Buene vista with another group of six. Thunder clouds threatened as we walked the beach. 

Volunteering went well. We had seventeen older kids from el torrito as well as our usual dozen little ones. Megan handled the little ones while I bounced between the two groups. The rain came early. The older kids were supposed to get some volleyball lessons but the weather washed out those plans. Megan taught clothes and had the kids do a relay race where they put on adult clothes. It was fun and funny. 

As I left my house I wasn't paying attention, my Keens half on. The bottom steps were slick with rain. Like ice. I flew in the air, literally coming out of my shoes. I landed on my right shoulder/upper arm in an awkward position. I think I tore my rotator cuff. It runs in the family; my father just had his second shoulder done. I have ver limited range of motion with pain if I move in certain ways or directions. I brought tiger balm

Now I'm at Lagarto a steak place that used to be on the beach but lost its lease. It's the nicest joint in town with $20 steaks. (  a fortune!). I ordered a bottle of red with assurance whatever I don't finish I can take with me. After to Arriba to watch the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment