Global Service Learners Logo

Global Service Learners Logo

Monday, June 1, 2015

Energy

When I arrived to my apartment, I was a half hour later than what I told Kimberly to expect me. Yet, when I climbed up the stairs the landing was cluttered with junk and this 50 something blond woman came out to greet me apologizing. At this poiint I had been traveling for a good twelve hours, and I just wanted a shower and a bed. Hell a bowl of fruit would be nice too. No such luck. She had decided to make some changes before I came. She had a sewing machine out. Paint brushes. A mop. Boxes of crap. 
I asked her how much more time she needed. She said a half hour. I gave her an hour and went swimming and dropped off the food requests for dinner that night at La Vela Latina. It's always my first stop, first beer when I arrive. Needless to say, it wasn't ready. 


Once she finally got some of the stuff out, I was able to unpack and unwind, lay down. It's a nice place. A studio with great woodwork, nice tile, a small kitchen and batch. Looking out the window I see nothing but foliage.





This is why I come.




No comments:

Post a Comment